More about HKHerp
Hong Kong Society of Herpetology Foundation is established in 2007.
It is the first and the only registered charitable organization (IR File No: 91/9058) in Hong Kong related to Amphibians and Reptiles. Herpetology is the study of amphibians and reptiles, this includes studies on their anatomy, genetics, ecology, taxonomy, evolution, physiology, etc. Being a charitable organization, we aim to carry out the following missions :
(1) To prevent cruelty to reptiles and amphibians through education;
(2) To increase the public’s knowledge of amphibians and reptiles through our website and various activities, such as exhibitions, seminars;
(3) To promote the conservation of local species of reptiles and amphibians and their natural habitats so that the public can appreciate the ecological value of the local species;
(4) To promote public awareness of the crisis of endangered species;
(5) To carry out research and study on local amphibians and reptiles whilst emphasizing the importance of preservation of these animals and the environment;
(6) To do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
Establishment of HKHerp
Estblishment of forum